Internships at Salt, to provide design and publicity support in Fulbourn, Cambridge UK
Salt is opening additional offices in London this month, and we are offering two internships from June onwards to support our UK sales and editorial team during this exciting expansion. The two positions are for a graphic designer to work on books, covers and Web projects and a book publicist to complement our expanding marketing and sales team. Both positions will be based in our Cambridge sales office in Fulbourn.
– The positions are for work experience in a busy, developing literary publisher with an international list and with a substantial Web presence.
– We prefer graduates with a good first degree or equivalent, and a demonstrable interest in publishing as a career.
– Only first language speakers of English need apply, unless you have impeccable spoken and written skills.
– Designers must have experience of QuarkXPress. Publicists must have extremely good interpersonal skills and preferably have some media experience.
– You must come for a minimum of eight weeks, we will plan your hours to suit you and the business. We are happy to consider applicants for longer periods after this eight week period.
– You will learn about the business of publishing and gain an overview of most functions, as well as get to know our writers, people in the trade, and how publishing works.
– We will pay your travel expenses to Fulbourn from within the Cambridge area.
If you are interested please contact Chris Hamilton-Emery at email@example.com